Home

Monday, January 24, 2011

On Day 2 of our trip, we checked out of the hotel and made our way to Encinitas. Oh wait, first we found an In & Out Burger. Todd loves this place and if we let him pick, he might take us to In & Out Burger every other meal. The boys really did like it, though Colton would only eat french fries.

A Kanakuk family offered us lodging at their beach house for a couple of days and it was fabulous. We had the most beautiful view and it was a great place to relax...plus the beach was just down the street. Here is a picture of the house from the beach, looking up the cliff.

The boys loved the beach. You won't find a single picture of me though because I think I was in denial that we were really on the beach in January. I was behind the camera - in my tennis shoes, jeans and long sleeve shirt. Ha!






One of the funniest parts of our time at the beach was when the boys decided to have a competition to see who could gather the most seaweed. All boys started strong, but Hunter and Carter soon lost interest. Not Connor! He was dragging seaweed from all over the beach to his pile. He even hauled a huge clump of seaweed right through a beach football game that was going on.



The boys also played a game of bocce ball and really enjoyed it.

We loved our time at the beach. Hopefully tomorrow I can blog about our day at Legoland. What a day it was!

2 comments:

Jamie Jo said...

LOVE the picture of Todd and the boys on the beach! Glad y'all are having fun!

Ellen Davis said...

The determination of Connor Rapp never ceases to amaze me. He will run marathons, trek for days, and save lives-- I just know it.

GREAT pictures. I'm SO impressed, Bronwyn!