Home

Saturday, January 22, 2011

We made it to California!

This morning we woke up to the California sun on our faces and rush hour out the window of our hotel. Everything went so smoothly with the boys, the airport and our flight. We give God all the credit! As Todd and I crawled into bed last night we just kept thanking God for answered prayers and the ease of our travel. The boys were so excited at each step. Lindsay Rother rode with is to the airport and helped get unloaded. We arrived with plenty of time to get checked in and to make it through security. Connor loved the scanner that we had to go through.

We boarded the plane at about 8:00 CT. So you do the math, that is 6:00 in California. We didn't arrive at our hotel until midnight Pacific time. Only Carter and I fell asleep on the plane. The boys were charged. Colton was the funny man with several quotes that made us laugh. For example, while waiting for the plane to leave Springfield, Colton kept asking, "Mom, when do we blast off?" Then when we did take off Colton yelled, "That was awesome!" While Colton loved the take off, Carter was more timid. He told us that he was afraid the plane would fall. Colton told him, "You won't fall, you have your seatbelt on."

The boys really were troopers. No complaints as they lugged suitcases and backpacks and navigated their was through LAX. Boy was I glad when we were able to load all four boys, three car seats, seven suitcases, three backpacks, one computer bag and two parents into the rental van and head to the hotel. After sleeping in a little bit, Todd and the oldest three are swimming at the hotel pool and I am blogging while Colton naps. Todd can't wait to hit an In & Out Burger so we will probably do that today. We have a kamp movie tonight at the home of a long time Kanakuk family, the Dodds.

So fun to be in California, but I am thankful to call the Midwest home!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you all have great travels! I was praying for you too. :-)

We have done that flight and it can be a rough one.

Jamie Jo said...

Oh my Bronwyn. Next time you travel with your family, fly me to Branson to pack for you! After going to the Philippines four times with all the kids and a 20 pound luggage limit, I could be of great help!