Home

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Perfect Advent Calendar

Today a dear friend gave me a gift. She handed me a green gift bag and inside was The Perfect Advent Calendar. No, I didn't name it, that is what it is actually called. But I must admit, so far I think it is quite delightful. For now I may call it that, The Quite Delightful Advent Calendar...and perhaps by December 25th I will be calling it
The Perfect Advent Calendar. Here is a picture. Adorable right?!



The calendar contains 25 paper pockets and 30 cards with ideas for the days of advent. What I love is that each of the activities is designed for families to do together and it has a verse linked with each day. May this calendar be just one more thing that will help us keep our focus on Jesus during the Advent Season. Thanks for this gift Emy!

The Rapp boys are also doing one more activity to mark the days until Christmas. Last year we purchased a LEGO Advent calendar that was really fun. Well, as I researched LEGO Advent calendars for this year I realized that if I purchased another one, we would be getting a lot of the same pieces that we received last year. So...here is our big idea - make our own. Yep, each day one of the boys will build a small Lego creation to be added to our Christmas Lego scene. Hunter started today and did not disappoint. He built a fireplace complete with fire and stockings hanging from the mantle. I should have taken a picture. Will do that soon.

It's fun to have Christmas around the Rapp house!

1 comment:

felderfam said...

can you post an example or two from the advent pockets? adorable indeed!