Home

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

I started this post on the day before Thanksgiving, got distracted and never finished. Just now realized as I looked at my blog that it simply said, "Happy Thanksgiving" for 4 days. Well, time to finish the post. We spent the Thanksgiving holiday in Fort Worth with the Rapp family. On Wednesday we had an all encompassing family portrait. Yep, the whole gang - Tommy, Lila, the Branson Rapps, David, Nikki, Dalton, Emory, Mark, Lauri, Elizabeth and Sarah. Confession: I LOVE taking family pictures! I love finding the right outfits, buying the right outfits, an excuse for my boys to wear dress pants and to have their hair combed, plus a chance for me to dress up. So this week we had that chance. And though no picture is ever perfect, I'm thankful for the way it captures the people in your life at that moment in life. One funny story to share - as I was helping the boys get ready, I asked Colton to come into the bathroom so that I could comb his hair. (I'm sure I sounded hurried.) Well, he joined me in the bathroom and then said, "Don't worry princess, I can do it!"

Though I don't have any of the official portraits to share, these are a couple of pics we took with our camera.

They kind of look like a boy band!

Hunter discovered this giant hole in a tree so he lowered his body into it...yes, this was after official pictures were done. It seems that Connor is looking for the other half of Hunter.


Then for Thanksgiving we had reservations at Shady Oaks Country Club. Another confession: I LOVE eating out for Thanksgiving. Lots of food, that I didn't make, and no dishes to clean up. Hooray! I just am not a great Thanksgiving cook. When we are with my family for the holidays I usually put my abilities to work washing dishes, cleaning the kitchen in between recipes or setting the table. I leave the cooking to my mom and Brea - both of whom are much better cooks than I.

The rest of our break was pretty lazy. Really nice to have no agenda. Good thing too as next week my calendar looks very full. How does that happen? As soon as December arrives, the days get filled with lots of events.

1 comment:

Debbie Bantam said...

Love the pics of the boys. . . they sure are growing up! Thanks for sharing and of course I always enjoy your stories. . .