Have you ever read any of The Hardy Boys books? I remember reading these books when I was a kid and now I am reading one to my boys. What I really love about this book is the simplicity of the story. Frank and Joe Hardy lived during a delightfully unhurried, respectful, and a simpler time in history. OK, I realize that they are fictional characters, but I wish they were real.The Hardy Boys books originally came out in 1927. As we have been reading, this is what I think about. What would it be like to have raised our four boys during the early part of the 20th century rather than this crazy time? At times, I must admit, it sounds so dreamy! No TV, no computer, no cell phones.
Well, that's it. Just thinking about something silly and wanted to write it down.
2 comments:
but I like the Hardy boys, and I see your point.
...well you would have about a 37% chance of going hungry in the following 10 years, if you had a farm you would probably lose it, and IF they survived the many childhood illnesses that had no cure all four of your boys would have to fight in WWII and the odds of more than one of them coming back would not be very great...
personally, i'm very thankful that you live here and now!
Post a Comment