as long as it is in my living room! That's right. The Rapps had a camp-out last night. We set up tents, pulled out sleeping bags and even had a campfire - in the fireplace of course. It really was fun. The boys loved it, especially the fact that mom and dad crashed on the floor with them. Now I am not a big fan of roughing it, so this was perfect for me. Temperature controlled, carpet underneath me and a real bathroom just a few feet away. This reminds me of a funny conversation that Todd and I once had. I was boasting to Todd as I said, "Aren't you glad that you didn't marry one of those prissy Dallas gals." (My apologies to any Dallas gals that may be reading this.) Upon hearing my claim, Todd laughed out loud and said, "Oh yeah, I'm so glad I didn't marry one of those prissy girls." Touche' Todd.
Now I imagine that someday I will get out there into nature and go camping with my boys, but for now I help pack and wave and smile when Todd leaves each May for the Father/ Son canoe trip. In just a few more years I might even have an entire weekend to myself while Todd roughs it on the father/son,son, son, son weekend. Hee hee!
Here is a picture of the boys outside the tent.
3 comments:
You are such a fun mom! I think camping of any kind deserves a round of applause, even if it is in your living room! :)
I love this picture! What fun - maybe when we get to that point that all the boys are gone camping that weekend, we can have a girls spa day. ;)
Oh, what a FUN idea!!! We might have to copy... :-)
Post a Comment