Home

Friday, March 12, 2010

A Decade!

Yesterday Todd and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary. Wow, a decade seems like a long time and yet it makes me want to be married to Todd for a lot longer! Thanks to my sister Alexis we had a fun date night. She kept the boys while Todd and I tried a movie (I say tried because we walked out about 15 minutes into the show.) Thankfully the movie theater refunded our money. We ran some errands (why do date nights always end up being a time that we run our errands) and then had dinner together. We even spent time with friends who were back in town for a few days. (So good to see you Jamie Jo!) Todd is such a great husband! Seriously last night as we were together I watched him walk across the room at one point and thought, "I'm so glad that is my guy!"

Special thanks to my mom and dad for the traditional/ modern 10 year wedding present. Ha! Looking forward to using that very soon.

And just for nostalgia sake, I thought I would attach a picture of Todd and I from one of our very first dates. This takes us back to Lawrence, KS and Todd's red Miata. Such fun memories!

4 comments:

Ashley Robbins said...

LOVE THE PICTURE!!! Shay said you two don't even look different!!! after 4 kids if i can look like you...woohoo!!!

Sean and Nicole said...

So precious!! Happy anniversary! Sean and I feel so blessed to have your marriage as an example for ours! Love you!

Heather said...

Happy Anniversary!! What an incredible couple. We love you guys.

Brea said...

Happy Anniversary! I love you guys! Oh and this picture made me laugh cause the way Tod's shirt kinda crossed in front, it looks like he has a robe on! Did he wear a robe for your first date? LOL