Home

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Playing Indian

As I was going back through some pictures tonight I came across all the photos of the day that the boys played Indians. They were way into it and Ellen captured some great photos.

First, Hunter made war paint. Yes, he made his own paint by adding water to the ashes of our last campfire. The painted their own Indian symbols and then got their gear.

Here's the whole tribe. Derek, Colton, Hunter, Carter and Ellen. Connor was at K7 so he missed this fun day. They all had Indian names, though I can't remember any except Colton. We called him "Little Oreo." Probably because he had just finished off a pack off Oreo cookies from the dining hall.

Carter in the tee pee. He looks so serious!

Hunter...maybe he was preparing for an upcoming hunt.

And all the little Indians in front of the tee pee. Colton seems a little out of it, but as always, gets extra votes for being so cute!

2 comments:

Ellen Davis said...

Nothing like a little classsic Disney Peter Pan and a lot of Kanakuk tradition to inspire a morning of indian celebration. The theme song of the day was from Peter Pan...♫What makes the red man red...♫

Brea said...

I love these pictures! You have such great boys! Maybe next time they can let Finley be their Indian Princess!