Home

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Daddy's Stronger

Today Todd and I were playing with Colton and I wanted to hold him, but Colton only wanted to be with dad. This was our exchange.

Bronwyn: Colton, let mommy hold you. Mommy is better at holding.
Colton: Daddy's stronger
Bronwyn: But mommy is softer.
Colton: Daddy's stronger
Bronwyn: Well, mommy is lovelier.
Colton: Daddy's stronger
Bronwyn: Mommy is kissier (yes, I made up that word.)
Colton: Daddy's stronger.

Nothing about mommy was appealing at that point when he was in the arms of his dad! It was funny and it provided some spiritual insight for me. Isn't that we all want - to be in the arms of a strong loving Father. I'm thankful that the God we serve truly is "stronger!" He is sovereign over all the craziness of life.

2 comments:

Ellen Davis said...

LOVE IT! I think I get a good spiritual analogy out of your boys everyday that I'm with them.

Esther said...

seriously b, can i please be you?? can you just impart your wisdom and sensitivity to the faith God wants us to have for him?? you are awesome! love and miss you!