Home

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Continuing on...

Sunday, February 12


We were up early today and had everybody out the door by 8:15.  Todd and I both worked in Wild Woods during first service this morning, then attended second service.  Love the program that Woodland Hills has for our kiddos when they stay both services.  They call it Wild Woods University.  I had some girl time in the afternoon. While I was gone Todd kept the kids, climbed on the roof to fix the antenna and even invited out Institute students over for dinner, which he made.  Super dad!

Monday, February 13


We woke up to snow this morning. Yes! Preschool was cancelled, but home school was not cancelled. I love days when we get to stay home all day! (Well, most of the time I do!)  We worked on school till 11:00, then bundled the boys up for some play time in the snow.  The boys had fun sledding down our road, making snowballs with the Suttons and working on a snowman.  Todd came home early to play with the boys.  I am so proud of the boys and how little they have complained about no technology.  After lunch we did more school, more snow time and thus, mom had lots of laundry! I made my favorite hot chocolate (using Hershey's cocoa and milk).  After dinner the boys pulled out Star Wars Monopoly.  Colton loves to play Monopoly.  He matches letters to make sure he has the correct property, buys everything he lands on and relies on his brothers to tell him what "color" of money that he has to pay.

Tuesday, February 14


Happy Valentine's Day. Todd and I agreed not to do anything for V-Day today in an effort to stay within our budget.  I didn't feel very good today so I was really missing technology because I wanted to just turn on a movie for the boys.  Collins is getting into a routine with her naps and as long as we are home, she does great.  I am thankful for that!  She is so close to rolling over.  Colton played lots with Kamden today and when I finally summoned him home, he fell asleep in the living room for nearly two hours.  One funny story today came from Colton.  While over at Kamden's house, Colton and Kamden watched the show Wild Kratts.  Carter (who was also over at the Sutton's house) told him, "Colton, it's no technology week."  Colton said, "Only at our house." Clever interpretation of the rules Colton! Hunter and Connor had basketball practice today.
One more story from today.  During Carter's science lesson we were talking about reptile babies and how some reptiles lay eggs, but do not stay to raise the young.  I compared/ contrasted that with how people care for their babies for many years.  He said, "Yep mom, but you are raising us to leave someday."  I agreed, then hugged him and told him that he would always be able to come visit us even after he was all grown up.  He answered, "If I remember where you guys live."

1 comment:

Ellen Davis said...

I love that Carter knows you are raising him to leave some day. That's priceless. I don't think I figured out my parents were doing that until I was 15.