Home

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Disney - Day 2

For our second day at Disney, we went to the California Adventure park. This park had a different feel from Disneyland, but was super fun. Right off the bat we decided to divide and conquer. Todd took three of the boys to ride Soaring Over California while Carter and I went after Fast Passes.
The day was rainy and overcast, but luckily it never rained hard enough to deter us from the fun. But due to the rain, we took lots fewer pictures because the camera was in the backpack most of the day. Hands down our favorite ride was Toy Story Mania. Amazing ride/ game that changes each time you ride it. So, so fun!

Look who we found just inside gate! Tow Mater and Lightning McQueen. California Adventure is building a whole new area called Cars Land that will open in 2012. The Rapp boys really wished it would have been open in January 2011.
Getting serious - and silly - about Toy Story Mania!
Who wouldn't want to buy these action figures?
Mickey's Fun Wheel. This was a bit scary as your gondola actually moves around an oval track as the fun wheel circles.

King Triton's Carousel

Green Army Men on parade.
Waiting for Muppetvision to start. I loved the Muppets when I was a kid so it was fun to see this with my boys.

Watching the Monster's Inc. street show.

Our last picture at Disney. Listen to this story....we entered the Disney gates about 9:30 pm just to take this picture. Todd, Colton and I walked in and then realized that we were missing the other three boys. For two days we had kept everyone with us and now they were missing?! Todd started calling out their names and I followed the throng of people headed for the Disney Main Street. No sign of them. At this point I started to panic - just a bit. It was dark and there were so many people. So I approached a Disney employee and said, "Ma'am what should I do if I have lost a kid?" With a look of disbelief she said, "You lost your child?" And then I replied, "I lost three." It really was comical - after that fact. I remember when I lost Hunter in the Branson Target store. The Target employees were so on the ball, I expected the same from that Disney employee. Anyway, about that time Todd called my phone and said he had found them. Somehow we all made it in the gate, but then Hunter, Connor and Carter got turned around and went back out the gate. When Todd found them they were all together - waiting at the Entrance turnstile.
This picture makes me laugh. We were headed to the shuttle to go home and Colton was happily running along with us and jumping into puddles. The next minute he was crying and walking with his pants pulled up because they were wet. He was worn out!

No comments: