Home

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Since Legoland...

Well the day after Legoland, we woke up to another beautiful day! After checking out of our hotel (we have stayed in a lot of hotels on this trip!) and made a stop at the Crystal Cathedral. Yes, it is that church that you see on TV with all the glass windows and the humongous organ. Turns out that our hotel was only one block from this church. We spent about 20 minutes walking around the grounds and I have to admit, I was skeptical, but it was beautiful. The walkways were lined with verses and there were these giant sculptures depicting stories from the Bible. It was inspiring.

After our visit to the Crystal Cathedral, we headed to crazy land. Also known as Hollywood. We planned to take the boys to the Disney Soda Fountain which is across the street from Grauman's Chinese Theater. It was sensory overload with all the tourists, the busy streets, the Hollywood Walk of Fame, the four ladies dressed as Cat Woman, etc., etc. Crazy! I just kept thinking about how much I love the midwest and how I would never want to live in L.A.! In fact I told the boys that if they decide to live in L.A. when they grow up I would come visit, but probably not for long. Ha! We also saw the Hollywood sign.

We had a show Tuesday night at Azusa Pacific University. It was a great turnout and we interviewed 19 potential staff. The boys had to hang with us during the interviews and they did great! We came prepped with two Leapsters, one IPad, Todd's phone, activity books and lots of snacks. One funny moment was when Connor told me, "College stinks!" I asked him why he said that and he told me that he never wants to go to college because you have to go away from home, study all day and never get a break. He has officially decided that he wants to be home schooled for his whole life. I assured him that he would change his mind as he got older.

On Wednesday evening we had a family show and then interviewed at Pepperdine Unversity. Such a beautiful campus, but only two interviews which was disappointing. Now it is Thursday morning and the boys are at a playground with Todd. We are headed to Simi Valley to meet up with an old Kanakuk friend. Lindsay and I met at K2 in the mid-90o's when we were both counselors. We have kept in touch over the years, but we haven't seen each other in over ten years.

I'll post pictures later - right now Todd has the camera.

No comments: