Lots of calendar events this week. Thought I would just do a quick run down.
Monday: Field trip to Springfield with Alexis! We made a stop at The Library Center (checked out lots of books!), Smoothie King and then to the mall for Alexis' eye appt.
Tuesday: Lunch with Joe and DJ for all the Kanakuk ladies. Love times like these with the girls! Then off to Trish's house for the annual Christmas party and White Elephant gift exchange. I came home with some Arbonne cellulite cream and a Vera Bradley jewelry tote. I was pretty pleased - at least with the jewelry bag.
Wednesday: Kanakuk December Draft! That's right we have started hiring staff for summer 2011. Then Wednesday evening we took the boys out to dinner at Applebee's and then to The Miracle of Christmas show at the Sight & Sound Theater. Fun experience with the boys. I think all the boys liked the show, but Connor more than any other.
Thursday: Christmas Around the World class for Hunter, Connor and Carter at Mary Kay Janke's house. Preschool for Colton. Wait..what was that? Yes, 3 hours with no boys. Super fun morning though as my friend Debbie came over and taught me how to make scones. Man, it makes me want to eat one right now. So delicious! Thursday evening was the Kanakuk Christmas party. Fun table - we sat with Trish and Bo Helsel, Stephanie and Andy Watson, Collin and Rachel Sparks. Contemplated signing up for the free dogs that they were raffling off. Decided against it and glad I did. Todd was in the skit - hysterical. He kind of looked like Richard Marx. I even won a prize. Special thanks to The Miracle of Christmas show for providing the answer that I needed. Question: Joe asked, "Who can tell me either one of Jesus' grandpa's names?" So in other words, who was Mary's dad and who was Joseph's dad? From the back of the room came my answer, "Eli!" And the prize was all mine! After the party we took the fun to Starbucks with the Sparks, the Houstons and the Thompsons! But no, the evening still wasn't done as Todd and I watched Inception once we got home. Man it was late!
Friday: Final day of Precepts for 2010 then home to try and catch up on all the school was didn't get to this week. Yep, we will be doing school on Saturday.
Glad it is the weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment