Two stories from two boys.
Right now we have a great kid-sitter named Derek. Well at breakfast this morning Connor told me, "Mom, if you were 22, a boy and not married, you would be just like Derek." Why did he come to that conclusion? Well, Derek was never a kamper at Kanakuk, but he is a counselor this summer. I was never a kamper at Kanakuk, but I did get to be on staff when I was in college. That fact right there was the connecting piece in Connor's mind.
Then at lunch, Carter told me; "Mom, I HAVE to go to that day care for the 5-year-olds where Weston works." (He was serious! Really wanting to go to the day care at College of the Ozarks. Weston, another of our summer kid-sitters, attends C of O and he helps in the day care program.)
I told him that day care is where kids can go when their mommies and daddies have to work all day long. Then with a big smile I said, "Carter, your mommy gets to stay home with you during the year. I take care of you so you don't need to go to day care." His eyes teared up and he looked at me and said, "But I want to be with Weston!"
No comments:
Post a Comment