Have you ever had one of those days where it seems that nothing is going the way you want it to? That was today. Small inconveniences can begin to feel like major ordeals and before I know it, I am frustrated with the day, with my kids, with the situation, etc. Now, when my head and heart are right, I can usually stop in the midst of my frustration and say, "Lord, I know you want to show me something." But a lot more often my frustration leads to sin - angry words, angry mommy, selfish behavior, impatience. So, right now Todd is asleep, but I needed to write down some things that I am very thankful for after a big day.
1. Thankful for a husband who forgives quickly and completely.
2. Thankful that when I feel like a failure it reminds me of my need for a Savior! Today I was REALLY reminded that I need Jesus.
3. Thankful for so many great friends here at K-West who love my kids and make the boys feel important.
4. Thankful that Carter is safely in bed and the injury was minor. (Stitches came out Monday night, but today I let him play in a bounce house and he collided with another kid. His partially healed wound popped right back open and so it was back to the ER for more stitches.)
5. Thankful for a dear friend who without a doubt did 80% of the work for Cole and Connor's combined birthday party today. Thankful also that the Engrams were forgiving when Todd ran over a tricycle and a scooter when he was leaving for the Emergency Room. Ha!)
6. Thankful for family and friends who pray for us.
7. Thankful that Grandad is a doctor and has been here this week. - we needed lots of medical attention.
8. Thankful that the KW Office girls know what they are doing!
9. Thankful for a very unselfish kid-sitter who has been so much help this staff training week.
10. Thankful that I get to work at Kanakuk this summer.
2 comments:
And I promise that all the above are thankful for you.
Wow. Great things you have to be thankful for. You are blessed. . .and you are a blessing!
Post a Comment