Home

Saturday, January 30, 2010

I'm a little behind...

Well, we just made it back from our trip to Texas. So glad to be home, but we had lots of fun with all of our family in Fort Worth. It has been several days since I have really been on the computer...and I must say it was really refreshing. I hardly checked my email while in Texas and I basically ignored Facebook. Sometimes when I am home with the boys all day the computer can become my escape button and I find myself retreating to the computer too many times in a day just to "quickly check" email, the news, etc. But I did miss blogging. I'll just do a little tonight and hopefully more tomorrow.

Well, Carter Rapp turned 5 this week. What a fun, energetic kid he is! We celebrated with a Pirate Birthday party. Special thanks to Lindsay Rother who was in attendance and was so helpful! She is the reason that I have photos to post.

The Pirate Birthday table.
Party decorations.
Kids playing Shipwreck. They loved this game and Todd was a great captain.
All the kids at the stern...at least I think. Maybe this was the bow.
Those of us who were "out!" Waiting the next round of Shipwreck.
With his birthday cake.
Hunter and Connor hanging around the cake. Connor was dressed as a "Pirate" - which for him meant a flannel shirt, unbuttoned kind of like Elvis might have worn and nunchaku hanging from his pocket.The birthday boy opening some of his presents.

1 comment:

Ellen Davis said...

Well...he's not 2 any more!