Home

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Recently...

Just to catch up on some things around here. It is December so that means the calendar is filling up quickly and yet we are working hard to have slow, intentional time with the family. Monday night we made a quick trip to Springfield to get library books and to eat at
Chick-Fil-A. Fun outing and the boys love getting books at The Library Center. We usually leave that place with LOTS of books (upwards of 75), but we only checked out 41 this time. Emily Roark, wish you could have been there!

The house is decorated for Christmas and we have added a stocking to our fireplace - because Alexis is included in Rapp Christmas. Connor said yesterday that Christmas is going to be awesome this year because Alexis is with us!


Last night we had a K-West Christmas get together and enjoyed great company, good desserts and a fun gift exchange. Connor ended up with a Kanakuk embossed Bible after the gift exchange. HE LOVES IT! This morning after getting ready, he came downstairs and said, "I'm going to read my Bible now mom." Is there anything greater than that? So cute though, he started in the Preface. I gently suggested that he move on to Genesis and he replied, "Yea, I was looking for Adam and Eve."

In school yesterday we were reading about birds during our science lessons. I said, "OK guys, these birds are gulls." Then Hunter said, "So there's no males, huh..." (Then made the sound effect that a comedian gets after telling a good joke. Ba dum chhh...) It made me laugh.

Finally, I did figure out a picture of the boys for our Christmas card photos - nothing fancy, but it was inexpensive! Hoping to get those mailed out next week if I get all the photos attached, addresses printed and envelopes licked.

1 comment:

Ellen Davis said...

Connor continues to melt my heart, and Hunter always makes me smile...

"People say I'm clev-eur."
-Hunter Rapp, July '09