Home

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Chicago 2009

This fall I took a girls' trip! A weekend to Chicago with three great friends. Wow! I have always wanted to take a girls' trip and we finally made it happen. At one point in the weekend I think I said, "We should really try to do this ever couple of years." To which Rachel replied, "Every couple of years?! We should do this every year!" I'm game for that as long as the husbands are willing to keep the kiddos. I loved a chance to get away. We spent the weekend shopping, eating, walking through the city and talking lots!
We took the train to Chicago! Here we are waiting to board the train in St. Louis. Hysterical that there was absolutely no security checks to get on the train.

Just arrived in Chicago. Getting off the train was not the glamorous scene you see in all the movies. We did have a fourth - but she was usually the photographer. Thanks Ashley for toting your camera all over Chicago!

We (with no prior research) decided to get up early Friday morning and just see if we could find last minute tickets to the Oprah show. We arrived at the studio bright and early to find....no one there. Oprah was in Denmark campaigning for 2016 Chicago Olympic Bid.

So we decided to go to the Oprah store. But alas, it did not open till 10:00 am - this picture was taken at about 7:50 am. Luckily we found a delicious little restaurant to have breakfast at.

Lunch at Giordano's in Chicago - delicious! And showing off some of our shopping!

No comments: