Home

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Egg Hunt

Yesterday, I took Connor, Carter and Colton to a community Easter Egg Hunt. It was hosted by a local church, and the big draw was that the eggs would be dropped out of a helicopter. What a cool idea, huh! Each of the eggs dropped from the helicopter had a piece of plastic around it that was like a small parachute so that the egg didn't bust when it landed on the ground. The boys loved seeing the helicopter. That was definitely the best part - after that, it was all downhill.

The event organizers had divided the kids up according to age, but with only me there to chaperon, I kept all three of my boys in the K-2nd grade division. When they finally let the kids go, it was pure chaos. I held Colton's hand and tried to keep my eyes on Carter and Connor, but I ended up losing Carter. For several minutes I couldn't find him! It was a sea of kid and parents and I couldn't spot Carter anywhere. I just kept hollering his name. For all you parents out there, I'm sure you would agree that it is the worst feeling to have lost a child. I just kept praying that God would allow me to find Carter and that God would give Carter wisdom beyond his years so that he would know what to do.

Another mom must have noticed my face because she quickly offered to help look. I finally found him over near the announcers booth. No one had led him there and he wasn't a bit afraid. Thank you Jesus! I truly felt like God had answered my frantic prayer. Well, when we were all safely together again we surveyed our baskets. Colton had nabbed one egg, Carter had found two, and Connor came home with maybe six. But I didn't care, I was just so thankful to be coming home with my three boys!

Here is a clip of the helicopter dropping the eggs.

1 comment:

Katie M said...

Our local news station showed video of the helicopter drop in Branson and I wondered if you had braved it with the boys. Don't you know that Carter was entertaining everyone while he was on his adventure?! You are BRAVE, Bronwyn!!