Home

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Hunter

Today we were doing school and Connor was practicing writing the letter J. His assignment was to say the name of the picture, identify the sound that that word began with and then write the correct letter next to the picture. Well, he couldn't figure out one of the pictures - a jungle gym. I told him what it was and went on to explain that lots of playgrounds used to have jungle gym's - but most were eventually taken out because so many kids were falling off of the jungle gym and getting injured.
Hunter had been listening to this conversation and he suddenly said: "Man, I'm glad I didn't go to public school in the 80's!" I started to laugh (really hard) and asked, "Hunter what made you say that? The 80's?" He shrugged and replied: "I don't even know what the 80's are!"
Maybe this was extra funny for me because I remember the 80's, I remember the jungle gym at West Elementary School, and I remember a kid falling off and breaking his arm. Nevertheless, it was funny to hear my 7-year-old reference a decade that he knows nothing about.


No comments: