I had great aspirations for today. There were several projects on my outdoor to-do list and I planned to enlist the help of all the boys in the house. On a side note, I am realizing that work ethic is a hard thing to teach to kids. The boys had only been busy about 30 minutes before the they started to complain/ sneak off to find the iPad/ etc. But I kept reeling them back in....guess who was NOT their favorite parent today? Yep, mom. Here is a brief look at what we did.
We pulled weeds. Wait, mainly I pulled weeds and a couple of the boys floated around me. Colton did find a dead snake though, which he showed off to all the family and the neighbors.
We washed cars. Boompah, we needed your help for sure! The Rapp boys need to learn how to properly wash a car. And yes, that is Alexis in the photo. She came over to hang out with us today, plus do laundry and wash her own car. It was so fun to have her with us today.We missed Alexis while she was away for spring break.
Carter during the car wash.
Collins worked on her mechanic skills. Now that she is an expert roller, she rolls right under her swing and it looks like she is fixing it. The boys think this is so funny! Update: Collins is getting her third tooth.
We did work on a few more projects today. We cleaned out the interior of the van, Todd and Connor built a turtle house, we scrubbed the mold/ mildew off our trampoline mats, and cleaned up our outdoor toys. After all the work, we headed to the kitchen. Alexis was in the mood to bake so she whipped up these monster cookies. Yum!
We grilled hamburgers, made guacamole and cooked homemade french fries.
And since it was a special night, (having Alexis here and the KU game), we brought out the soda, M&M's and some Sour Patch Kids.
1 comment:
A memorable day, for sure!
Carter, looking good in the hat, man.
GO COLLINS GO!
I feel so fresh and so clean just having read this post.
Post a Comment