Home

Saturday, February 18, 2012

What else have I missed?

When I think about the responsibility of home schooling my kids, it boggles my mind.  There is so much that I want to teach them, need to teach them, have to teach them.  And inevitably there will be stuff that I will miss.  Let me give you an example.  Tonight we went to the College of the Ozarks basketball game.  They asked everyone to stand for the national anthem.  The whole gymnasium turned toward the flag.  Connor turned to me and asked, "What is everyone looking at?"  Whoops!  Guess we need to work on basic stuff a bit more.

1 comment:

Ellen Davis said...

How to address school teachers.

When I finally went to real school my parents didn't tell me how to address teachers as Mrs. _______ or Mr. _______. I had always called friends' parents Mr. [first name] and Miss [first name] (a southern thing, I think). When I finally started school I decided that since I didn't know what to say I'd play the safe side and use ALL of my teacher's names: "Excuse me, Mrs. Treva Pryor..." Everyone laughed. Home school fail.