Well, the Rapps are going to try an experiment. We, (the boys and the parents) spend way too much time plugged in to electronic stuff. And I don't even have a smart phone. Anyway, we have decided to try a week without electronics. When we told the boys about it, Connor asked if we could do it after he was dead. We start this Friday and here are our general rules.
1. While Todd is at work, he can definitely use his phone, computer, internet.
2. If a science lesson during school includes a DVD experiment, we will watch that.
3. Phone calls are allowed.
4. If we are in the car, radio/ Adventure in Odyssey stories are allowed.
5. NO texting (for me - not sure what Todd will decide to do with this.)
6. No TV, movies, computer time, internet, blogging, Ipad, Wii, Leapsters, etc.
It's kind of like we are going back to the 1950's. Think we can do it? Todd and I are super excited. We want to be maximizing relationships. I'll have to blog about it when we are done...and technology is allowed back into our lives.
2 comments:
Colty will have to come play when this experiment is over. Because I could not deal with the two of them begging for a movie!
You could keep a hand-written journal of it all and scan it in!
The Hardy Boys have nothing on the Rapps Boys and their fearless little sister. What fun!
I'm seriously lacking some up-to-date Rapp Art originals if you boys get in the mood to send some snail mail with all of your tech-free time! Just a thought :)
Post a Comment