This week the boys got back to school. It was a pretty easy transition from the holiday break back to normal routine. We had to make a rule that there is no Wii allowed until school is done for the day or if mom schedules in a special Wii break.
Feeling crowded! We are wanting to move Collins out of our room and upstairs to her own room...but help! I'm not quite sure where to put all the boys, their beds, their clothes, etc. I kind of feel like we are bursting at the seams. Usually I love to organize but right now I'm don't know where to start. Is it too early for a garage sale?
I made my first Craigslist purchase! We bought the cutest dresser and twin bed that will be for Collins' room. Looking at this new furniture really makes me want to throw all the boys' stuff out in the hallway, set up Collins' room and then just sit in the middle of a pretty pink room that isn't littered with Legos, cars, light sabers, etc. No boys allowed.
New railings for the Rapp house. We are in the process of choosing new iron balusters to go around our stairwell. When our house was built, the balusters were placed too far apart. A little one could easily slip between these things. When the boys were little we improvised: plastic sheeting and then black netting to keep them from plunging through the railings. Now that Miss Collins is in the family, we have decided to fix the railings for real. I'll have to post a picture once the project is complete.
Yesterday I moved our giant collection of Legos from the boys' room upstairs to a new location... I cleaned out our coat/ storage closet that is on the main floor and put all the Legos in there. The boys love it! The lighting is great and they can shut themselves in the closet and build, build, build! Eventually, I may decide that I want this closet back, but for now it is a fun change.
Basketball season starts tomorrow with games for Hunter, Connor and Carter.
No comments:
Post a Comment