Home

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Unbelievable!

Hunter and Connor are taking piano lessons and yesterday the craziest thing happened when I took them to their lesson. Piano lessons are at the home of Dee Dolloff and the Dolloff's have chickens, cats, dogs, etc. on their property.

When we arrived, I decided to leave Collins in the van with the door open while I walked Hunter and Connor inside. Carter and Colton were playing in the yard. While I was talking to Dee, Hunter ran back to the van to get the Ipad. He returned quickly, eyes great big and told me, "Mom, there are four chickens in our van." So I told him to go get the chickens out of the van....then remembered that Collins was also in the van. Oh no!

Indeed there were four chickens in our van. Hunter grabbed a rake and tried to prod the chickens out. Carter ran around the van and opened the other door. Three of the chickens stumbled out quickly, the fourth chicken tried to fly inside our van, then made it out the door. Whew! Collins remained asleep.

That night at dinner one of the boys prayed, "Thank you God that the chickens didn't peck our sister." Amen!

No comments: