Home

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Dad on duty!

Let me first say that I think Todd is the greatest husband/ dad EVER! He is fantastic with our kids, super helpful to me and always so gracious to let me have time with friends. One more disclaimer, I did ask Todd's permission before blogging on this subject.

On Saturday I had the chance to have lunch with some dear friends. Colton was invited to a birthday party so I asked Todd if he could take birthday duty and he readily agreed.
Well, Saturday was a rainy, cold day and the birthday guests were supposed to go ride go-carts for the party. As I was leaving for lunch I said, "Todd, can you please make sure Colton is dressed appropriately for the party." He told me that he would.

After the party, Colton came in the house wearing this outfit. A t-shirt, shorts, and snow boots.

I asked, "Colton is that what you wore to the party?" He said yes, and then elaborated that he had to borrow a coat from Max (the birthday boy) because it was cold outside. I laughed and then asked, "Well, did Max like his present?" Oops, they didn't remember the present for the party.

This was so funny to me - and thankfully Todd was laughing too. Todd said that he doesn't really remember me asking him to check Colton's outfit before the party. Isn't it good that God created mom and dad/ male and female?! Both so different, but together we make a great pair.

1 comment:

Sean and Nicole said...

Oh, Bronwyn this is hilarious! There have been a few examples where I ask Sean to take care of something, he agrees then later says he doesn't really remember that conversation. I laugh every time b/c it's so opposite of my personality. So thankful we have sweet and caring husbands!