Home

Monday, June 20, 2011

Tribal Night

The second night of kamp is always Tribals. Tribal night is when all new kampers are placed into their tribe. The culmination of this evening is when all the Kickapoos and Kiowas, Cherokees and Choctaws gather in the tribal ring to watch Indian dances and cheer for their respective tribes as competition begins for that term. The Rapp boys LOVE to go to tribal ceremonies, even though they have seen it lots. Well last night Carter and Colton were really into the spirit of things and decided to paint their bodies like little Cherokee warriors. I let them go at it with some face paint that I had in the cabin.
Here is what they looked like. (Let me just say it took several squirts of my facial cleanser to scrub them clean afterwards.)
Carter getting ready...

Carter the warrior. He wouldn't smile for any of my pictures.
Colton - the tough guy!
As they left the cabin to head down to the tribal ring, this is what I overeheard.

Colton: "Carter, should I take a Crazy Creek?"
Carter: "No, Cherokees don't use Crazy Creeks!"

1 comment:

Ellen Davis said...

I was once told by a very well educated 5 year old Hunter: "Indians don't smile, and pirates wear stripes." Therein, I'm sure, lies your answer to Carter's blase expressions :)