Homemade Vanilla. Bronwyn and I still laugh about one of our first conflicts in our marriage when she came home from the grocery store with "Blue BUNNY" ice cream. She still laughs when she remembers me saying, "Honey, what is this? Blue Bunny? This is NOT Blue Bell. We WILL have Blue Bell ice cream at this house!" I was being funny..... and completely serious! :) It took one taste, and she was converted. Our lives have been tranquil ever since.
Thusly so, we have indoctrinated our children with my Blue Bell philosophy, and have 5 containers of the ice cream in our freezer at all times. And so, it didn't take much to twist the arms of my family to stop by the Blue Bell factory in Broken Arrow, OK for a tour today!
It was delicious fun!
After the tour, we were given our kids' favorite flavor "Cookies and Cream." The tour guide went to the assembly line and pulled a fresh, barely frozen tub of the ice cream, and the 6 of us (7 if you include Clementine - or whatever name we give the baby.) After downing the entire half gallon, the tour guide offered us another scoop of another flavor, and all my boys took her up on her offer and got a scoop of rainbow sherbert.
Mm, mm good to the last drop!
3 comments:
The Huddleston's whole heartedly agree with the Blue Bell doctrine described here. So much so that we are now inspired to visit the factory too! Off to have a bowl of vanilla now...not kidding!
I can't even begin to explain how jealous I am of this experience...
Clementine. I like it, Todd.
Poor Hunter...the only "H" name.
Post a Comment