Here I am in the waiting room, post ultrasound, but pre-reveal. These were just pictures of her face, feet, etc.
At the doctor's office Todd asked the ultrasound tech to write down the sex of the baby and seal it in an envelope. We had never done this before, but decided that it would be fun to go out to eat and open the envelope together. How thankful I am for my sweet husband's idea to do this. It was extra special and I realize that I needed the big reveal to be a moment just between the two of us. Though we were shocked to find out it was a girl, we rejoiced to hear that the baby is healthy and growing.
Todd holding the envelope with a picture of Baby Girl Rapp.
Todd was being funny with these gloves that he stole from the doctor's office - opening the envelope.
After we had time to sort out our thoughts, we started texting friends and family to share the news. Thank you to all of you who responded with such fun messages. We feel very loved. We also feel out of our league. A girl will be a whole new experience for us as parents.
We wanted a fun way to tell the boys about the fact that they would have a sister so we bought a little baby outfit - a dress. When we pulled out that dress, the boys' reactions were classic. Hunter smiled, but his eyes seemed to reveal the fear of the unknown. Connor yelled, "A girl?!" and then said, "I'm packing my bag." He headed upstairs and immediately grabbed a suitcase and sleeping bag then marched out the front door. I'm not kidding. Carter and Colton seemed excited, but then couldn't resist getting in on the action. They both grabbed a duffle bag and sleeping bag and followed Connor out the door. Colton didn't get far (just to the front porch), but Carter made his way to the Gator, threw his bag into the back and drove up our hill yelling, "See ya later suckers!" It was hysterical. A few minutes later Carter returned to the back door to tell us that he had gotten the Gator stuck in a ditch.
It will be fun to watch the way the Lord prepares all of our hearts for a daughter/ sister.
11 comments:
Aw, so fun to read the details of your big day! Love Todd's gloves and the boys (especially Connor)! So excited for you. I bet it was fun to pick out that dress;) love you!
Four boys and a GIRL?!?! Yay!! I know you and Todd will be as great at being a girl's parents as y'all have been to those crazy boys. Love reading about your adventures here. Can't wait til we can all be together again!
You'll be a GREAT momma to a daughter!! The boys' reactions were hilarious! Congrats! :)
Yay!! A girl! Congratulations. So excited for y'all.
YAY!! So excited that there will be a little Rapp Girl!!!
Congrats!!! That is SO exciting!! Well, one thing is sure....that girl won't be dating anytime soon :).
What a fun way to find out the news!!! Your boys are hilarious!!
WHOOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!! I am so so so so so so so so excited!!!! Yipee!!! Congrats!
SO excited for your family!
There is nothing sweeter than seeing boys protect their sister. It will just melt your heart.
Congrats!
Oh my word! I am sooo excited for you guys!!! How sweet to see 4 big brothers take care of a sweet little sis! She'll be the toughest little girl in the neighborhood. :-)
Your boys (including Todd) just make me LAUGH.
OH MY WORD! What exciting news! I love it! Sweet baby sister...lots of love in the Rapp house.
The irony is that Connor will probably be the most sister-doting of all the brothers. Mark my words.
Post a Comment