Home

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Just some updates!

Nothing big to report on...just wanted to blog a few updates.

*Tomorrow I am 18 weeks pregnant. I have an appointment this Wednesday, but alas no ultrasound. We have to wait a few more weeks to hopefully find out if it is a Rapp boy or girl. This is silly, but a fun part of this pregnancy is that I have great maternity clothes to wear. Special thanks to Branson friends who loaned me clothes and my corporate sponsor, Pickles & Ice Cream. Ha! Thanks Brea.

*Our school room is out of commission for a while because there is a large tent set up in the middle of the room. Connor, Carter and Colton have formed a club and they needed a clubhouse. They won't let Hunter in the club, but it doesn't seem to bother him much.

*Perhaps one reason it doesn't bother Hunter is because we just returned from the Springfield Library with another 80+ books. Hunter just reads and reads and reads. I often have a hard time getting his attention. He even takes books in the car and when we stop somewhere and all get out, Hunter is the last one out because he has to finish that page or paragraph.

*We just finished Leadership Weekend and it was really fun to have K-West friends in town. We joined the group for some miniature golf on Saturday and a trip to Sonic. For the most part, the boys and I steered clear of the Leadership Weekend meetings, but joined the K-West group for meals. Carter and Colton managed to commandeer someone's smart phone every time we were with them.

*Hunter asked tonight how much school we have left. I told him we might have another six weeks and he said, "I just want to be done so that I can go to kamp!" I asked if he meant K-West or K-Kountry. He said both, but that he is super excited to go back to K-Kountry. Thanks makes me happy!

*We are praying for and searching for a kid-sitter for this summer. Even though I am just working part time, kamp wants me to hire a full time kid-sitter who will help me three days and week and help K-West four days a week. We would appreciate any prayers to help us find someone to fill that spot. Thanks!

1 comment:

Ellen Davis said...

Wish I didn't have grad school :( I'd jump right on that job!

SO proud of your reading skills, Hunter.

Educational moment: Connor, Carter and Colton could call their little club the CCC (like during the Great Depression). The CCC built all the big bridges, dams, roads, and camp grounds. The best part is: CCC WORKERS LIVED IN TENTS! See Wikipedia link :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civilian_Conservation_Corps