Today was hair cut day for all the boys. As Connor sat in the chair, Mary Beth and I were talking about how Todd is so laid back. Nothing seems to ruffle his feathers. Well, Mary Beth asked Connor if he was as laid back as his dad. His reply, "I want to be, but Mrs. Bossy Pants won't let me." I'll give you one guess who Mrs. Bossy Pants would be. Yep, me! Honestly it made me laugh more than it made me upset. Also it prompted some great conversation with Connor about whether I really was a "bossy pants" kind of mom. He eventually told me, "Mom, I didn't mean it. I was just trying to be funny." But for today Mrs. Bossy Pants got her way again with choosing Connor's hair cut.
Next story. As Connor was reading his illustrated Bible today, he noticed a picture of Mary and Joseph in the manger with baby Jesus. Lying next to baby Jesus was a cow that the illustrator had drawn in such a way that it looked like the cow was suspiciously eyeing Jesus. Connor told me, "This cow is probably the devil and he is spying on the Savior." Connor's extra evidence - the cow had horns.
Finally, Connor was writing an expository paragraph for a school assignment. I was impressed with the way he remembered to indent the start of the paragraph and begin each sentence with a capital letter. He told me, "Yep mom, that Shurley English stuff really works!" (Ellen, thought you would appreciate this story!)
2 comments:
Mrs. Bossy Pants -- I will be in Branson from the evening of the 23rd until the 28th and would love to see the Rapps. Feel free to call me on Christmas Eve in the event of an emergency. Merry Christmas, love you!
Oh my word! That Conner is one FUNNY guy! Seriously--I love hearing his stories, and being around him.
Post a Comment