Home

Friday, October 22, 2010

Hmmm...

No big events to blog about and not a lot of new pictures, but just wanted to stay up to date with family news.

Guess what I did last night. I ordered my Christmas cards. I guess that is the OCD coming out in me, but once something hits my "to do" list, I have to cross it off. So last night I stayed up late choosing pictures and ordering my cards. So glad to have it done, now I just have to hold on to them till December.

School is going great! This year for Language Arts we are doing a program called Shurley English. It is very thorough, but I love it...and so do the boys. In fact it is probably their favorite subject to do each day.

The boys are all busy prepping their costumes for Halloween. Right now (and I say right now because they tend to change their minds frequently) Hunter is planning to be Darth Vader, Connor wants to be Hiccup (from the movie How to Train Your Dragon), Carter wants to dress like Luke Skywalker as a padawan and then as a Jedi Master (yes, he wants to change outfits mid-party) and Colton, well I'm not sure.

We had lunch this week with Rachel Sparks and her kids. Fun time! Colton really made us laugh when he asked Braden to come play upstairs. He called Braden the way you would call a dog..."Come on big boy, come on" as he clapped his hands and slapped his legs. Oh man, it was funny.

I love my husband. Feel like marriage is really good right now. He pushes me toward growth, gives me time to escape when I need it, and helps out so much with the boys!

We are headed to Texas next week to do some interviews for Kanakuk. We will get to have dinner one night with Sarah and Wyatt Smith! Excited to see them. Sarah was one of my bridesmaids ten years ago - yes, she wore one of those ugly champagne dresses, the long gloves and stood by me promising to support my marriage to Todd. So thankful for all my bridesmaids!

A new project - I love projects. I bought some storage boxes at The Container Store and have been sorting through eight years worth of special papers, artwork, pictures, etc. These keepsakes were stashed in several different places around the house, but now I have gathered them up and organized them. I designated one box per boy, per year to store their memories.

What a random blog post this is, but just what I have been thinking about. This is one picture that I did have for the blog. Yesterday Todd and Colton stopped by the grocery store to pick up a few items. This store has miniature grocery carts for kids and Colton loves to push one around. Here he is helping with the shopping.

2 comments:

Rachel Sparks said...

I loved getting to have lunch with you guys! It was a highlight of my week. So thankful for your friendship and how you spur me on to be a better wife, mom, and homemaker. Thankful for you!

Sean and Nicole said...

I loved Shurley! "preposition, preposition, starting with an 'a', abort, about, above, across..." It must stick with kids well if I remember that after all these years!