Home

Saturday, May 15, 2010

My boys

We spent the day at K-West. Of course the boys were so excited to be out there! As I watched the four of them race off to the boys' gym I realized that they are becoming so much more independent. They didn't need mom to go along. Hunter and Connor were the responsible big brothers. Now, I'm not saying that they are 100% capable of being on their own yet and thankfully they still want me to go along when it is time to build a fort or jump on the trampolines, but they all just seem a little more grown up. This is such a new feeling. A little bit of that letting go that all parents have to do.

I'm so proud of these boys. They are learning! My heart swells when I see the Hunter, Connor, Carter or Colton put into practice something that Todd and I are trying to teach them. For example, when we arrived at the Buckets N Boards show last week, a kind lady saw me coming with all four of the boys and opened the door for us. Carter walked through the open door, then stopped, turned around and went back to take over the responsibility of holding the door open. Yes! Way to go Carter! Just a few days before I had talked to the boys about how it would be polite for them to hold a door open for a lady.

These boys are humble. Their hearts are soft to the gospel. At family devos the other night I mentioned someone who doesn't know Jesus and Connor asked, "Well mom, then why don't you tell him about Jesus." Great question - why don't I spend more time telling people about my Savior?

And these boys are funny too! While at K-West, Carter and Connor spent time digging in "the garden" trying to find worms to feed to their pet turtle. They found lots of big earthworms...which Connor then decided to use as a mustache. Yep, he came to the office to show me his worm mustache.

I'm thankful for my sons. Boys who hug me at the end of a long day and say, "I love you mom. You're the best mom ever." Heaven knows I'm not the best mom ever. Talk about convicting when they say something nice like that at the end of a day when I have been too busy to play or have lost my temper. That is grace. Just a sliver of the grace that God offers every morning to a sinner like me. Thank you Jesus. These four boys are yours Lord. Thank you for allowing us the privilege to raise them and teach them about You!

1 comment:

Jamie Jo said...

You're an amazing mom!