Todd is away this week so that means I am in charge of the devo time with the boys in the evening. Well tonight I chose to talk to the boys about Psalm 18. I was explaining that David wrote these words when the Lord delivered him from the hand of Saul. I read this passage...
He sent from on high, He took me;
He drew me out of many waters.
He delivered me from my strong enemy,
And from those who hated me, for they were too mighty for me.
They confronted me in the day of my calamity,
But the Lord was my stay.
He brought me forth also into a broad place;
He rescued me, because He delighted in me.
Psalm 18: 16-20
I love that last line. "He rescued me, because He delighted in me." I told them that God delighted in David and in the same way, God delights in each of them. Then I asked the boys how that made them feel, that the God of the Universe delights in them. Connor said it was amazing. Hunter was nodding his head - right there with me. I asked Carter if that makes him feel special. Yes. It was a precious moment. And then I asked Colton. He said, "it makes me tinda sick." We all burst out laughing! Then Colton started saying, "it does mom, it does mom!" We kept laughing. Real nice!
No comments:
Post a Comment