Well, we had to make a sudden trip to the ER today. Colton was playing with several other kids near a treadmill and his foot got caught underneath the belt while it was on a pretty high speed. It ripped large chunks of skin off the bottom of his left foot and scraped him up in several other places. The doctor at the ER said that it caused 2nd degree burns on his foot.
I have photos - but believe me, they are not for the weak of heart. I may post them soon...so this is advance warning in case you need to look away. If you would, we would love it if you would pray for Colton's foot to heal quickly and completely. Right now we are keeping him off his foot - he is watching lots of videos and we are just carrying him around. In the midst of this, we do have lots to be thankful for.
Thankful that Alexis was around today to help with the other boys while we went to the ER.
Thankful for Wendy O'Dell who fed Hunter, Connor and Carter and let them stay at her house.
Thankful that Todd has time off of work so that he is here to help with Colton.
Thankful that the injury was not worse!
Thankful that the ER doctor was so kind and that we did not have to wait long at the hospital.
Thankful that Colton is such a trooper.
...and the list could go on. We give God the glory for all the good that we have seen today and trust Him when it is hard.
2 comments:
Poor little guy! Let me know if I can be helpful somehow while I'm here in Branson.
Oh, girl, I am so sorry. I have chills reading this post. I saw the picts, cause I am reading earliest posts to later ones, but reading your words gives me chills. I am so sorry this happened. Poor baby. He and Will are a perfect match for one another. Trouble!
Post a Comment