Today our family had the opportunity to deliver some Christmas presents and food to a family in need. (Now, would we be telling this story unless it had a funny ending...of course not!) Todd took the three oldest boys to the trailer where the family lived. The boys were reminded before entering the home to be friendly and nice, and they did a great job. They carried the presents into the home and stood inside while we visited for a few minutes. Just before leaving, Carter happened to notice three pennies lying on the coffee table, which sparked his attention. He said, "Hey, here's some money! Can I have it?" Todd told him, "No Carter, put it back." But the grandmother said that he could have it. Todd tried again to get Carter to leave the money, but the woman insisted, so Carter came home from needy family's home with some of their money.
Now, that part is funny...but Todd added to it tonight. As our family was finishing up our devo time tonight, we asked each of the boys if they wanted to pray. Carter didn't want to pray, so Todd asked, "Don't you have anything to thank Jesus for? Not even the money you stole from the family who had nothing?" I burst out laughing. My husband is hysterical. Just one of the many reasons that I love him so much!
1 comment:
OK, this made me nearly spit out the soup I am eating! Yes, I did LOL!! That is hysterical Todd!
Love you all!
Brea
Post a Comment