We have been studying Vikings in our history lesson and the boys are very intrigued. We had an idea to have a "Viking Day" last week. To begin, the boys all dressed in Viking type clothing - which their interpretation of Viking clothes included lots of bland colors (animal skins), swords!, shields!, and a helmet! In the afternoon they watched the Veggietales video, "Lyle the Kindly Viking" (true, most Vikings were NOT kind, but it fit the theme). They also did a Viking craft that I found online. But the best part of Viking day was dinner. We fixed steaks, rice, bread, fruit...and at everything with our hands! Hunter loved it! He had steak juice dripping down his arms.
We took the boys to see "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" this weekend. We all enjoyed the movie. I was laughing out loud through several parts. When the movie ended, Carter said "Speaking of Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, I am hungry!"
One more fun thing! This weekend Todd gave me the day off on Saturday to attend a women's conference at our church. It was a great event. But while I was gone, Todd had his own fun day with the boys. He took them to the K1 party barn and captured this cute clip of Colton on the barn swing.
Until next time! Good night........
1 comment:
oh man...that sure makes me miss Colton and his infectious smile and laugh
Post a Comment