Home

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Sending Hunter to Kamp

Well, Kanakuk took on a whole new meaning for us this year as we sent our first kid to kamp for the very first time. Hunter is a 13 Day kamper at K-Kountry. He went June 25th and his term ends on July 7th. We have heard from him a couple of times and he seems to be loving it! He is in Barn 1 - the very youngest kids. I have been checking the kamp website each day to see pictures of him. He is smiling and changing clothes so I am happy.
As we were getting him ready for kamp he said, "Mom, can you please make me a list of all the things I need to remember while I am at K-Kountry?" So cute! Well, with the help of my sister Alexis and all the brothers, we put together a set of reminders for Hunter. We stuck them all inside the lid of his trunk so that he would see them often. They looked great.


I do have pictures of the day that we dropped Hunter off at K-Kountry, but they are on my camera that I still have not retrieved. Hope to post those soon.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I mailed him a letter on Tuesday...I hope it gets there in time!

dawn said...

Love this, Bronwyn. What a creative idea! On the lid of Zac's trunk, every year he has his cabin mates sign their name with a sharpie. It's been fun to rememeber each boy as we pack his trunk every year.

Heather said...

What a fun idea - you are so creative and thoughtful. Can't wait to hear how he liked it!