Home

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Father Son Trip, by Todd

Hunter, Connor and Carter joined several other fathers and sons on the annual "Father and Son Canoe Trip" this weekend. This year's version consisted of continual RAIN--- night and day. Canoeing was out of the picture because of the level of rushing water on the Buffalo River, so we went hiking in the rain instead. It was a gorgeous hike in Arkansas at Lost Valley, an area with gigantic waterfalls and caves. Hunter loved it, Connor endured it, and Carter hated it. Highlights of the trip was eating candy, chips, hot dogs, smores, hot chocolate, candy (oh, did i say that twice?!) and no vegetables, bb-guns, playing with friends, sitting by the campfire, no teeth brushing, and wrestling in the tent.
In this picture, you'll see Carter dominating while Connor was laughing, and Hunter was keeping things under control.After a few minutes upon our return from our hike, i found Carter by the campfire--- wiped out from the cold, wet hike. When i found him, his leg was turning red from the heat!

As we were setting up the tent we discovered that we were missing the poles that hold the tent up! So, with the collective resources of Terry Brown, Daryl Sutton, and Matt Engram, we were able to make the tent work and keep it dry! Amazing engineering, Engram!

If I get more pics from friends from the trip, including the hike to Lost Valley, I'll post 'em!

2 comments:

dawn said...

Great recap! I am cracking up at the tent situation, knowing that it probably didn't bother you a bit!

Heidi said...

Love the tent!! That is funny, you are a great dad for taking the boys and enduring the hurdles. What a great memory for them to look back on. Time spent with their dad is invaluable. (I don't know if I spelled that right)