Home

Sunday, November 9, 2008

On the menu...

This fall I have started a new tradition at the Rapp house. To be honest, I can't believe I didn't do this sooner. I grab my calendar and a blank menu sheet and set to work planning a week's worth of activities and meals. Then bright and early each Monday morning I head to the grocery store to shop for the week. By 8:30 am I am usually home and unpacking groceries - and voila, I am ready for the week. (at least with the meals!) Well, this week Colton had a new suggestion for the menu.
On Friday we had returned from Precepts and the boys wanted a snack. I put some Ruffles potato chips in a bowl for Colton and set him at the counter. The three other boys were out there with him as well, so I went to check my email. (I know, I should have been watching him.) Well, pretty quickly the three big boys drifted into my room where I was at the computer...so I asked, "Guys, what is Colton doing?" Carter informed me that Colton was just looking out the window. I decided to go check on him and found Colton standing on the bar stool. He had emptied the whole bag of potato chips onto the counter and was swishing his hand around in the fish bowl. Oh my! Well, perhaps this was just his way of suggesting Fish and Chips for our weekly menu plan?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just laughed for about 2 minutes straight as I imagined this playing out!... "He's just looking out the window, Mom."